Parameters & Available Resources
VRP, when solving the problem, takes into account a number of parameters that contribute to the route planning.
Indicatively, these parameters may be:
- Fleet characteristics:
- Vehicles (number, capacity, maximum allowed speed, fuel type, operating costs, starting position, arrival location)
- Drivers (number, availability, skills, cost, overtime costs, driving time)
- Orders (number, delivery times)
- Distribution centers (number, capacity, types of goods, hours of operation)
- Road network (categories, speeds, directions, U-turns)
The complexity of the problem and the resolution time depend on the number of parameters. These parameters are calibrated by each company and are taken into account when solving the problem.
When initializing the system, the solution parameters are set and the depot and vehicle data is imported from excel files. From this point on, for calculating routes, all you need is to import your order data order data from excel files.
Importing the EXCEL file of the Distribution Centers