Businesses have been using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for decades to improve their efficiency and create new business opportunities. Investing in new IT systems is a necessary cost for every company to create added value in a competitive business environment. Since geo information is present in virtually all business activities, even greater value can be achieved by combining GIS-based information systems with other business systems (CRM or ERP). The design and implementation of this communication between systems is called Systems Integration.
Integrated systems offer multiple benefits to the business reduce processing costs and promote the environment for improved communication and coordination between business units or departments. Each department may have its own data models which through the interface can be synchronized with the organization’s data. A basic prerequisite for system interconnection / integration is to create value for the business that grows with the number of systems being integrated together.
A distribution company may link its database with the GIS VRP to automatically deliver the daily routing of the distributors and send to each distributor the next day’s route on its mobile device, saving the time and minimizing the cost of aggregating data from individual branches, transferring data from the branches databases to GIS, and dispatching routes to distributors.
In this field, Terra can prove to be a valuable ally by offering the following services:
- Understand the Project and prepare the system for the integration
- Determine the integration architecture that best meets the project’s needs based on international best practices that predominantly dictate the following four approaches that apply as appropriate:
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) implemented with web services
- Event-driven architecture where the systems in this environment broadcast through a channel the events when they happen and anyone who is interested in them can invite them
- Enterprise service bus, hybrid architecture between SOA and Event-driven and
- Cloud computing models (SaaS, IaaS and PaaS) that allow for easy deployment and scalability
- Define and supply IT infrastructure and software development: Terra’s solution allows you to leverage your company’s existing IT infrastructure and provides you with instructions for supplying new hardware if needed, based on the needs of the project
- Integration with proprietary software: using ESRI’s ArcGIS SDK. ArcGIS SDK supports Microsoft .NET and Java technologies. Our company can develop software to interface any proprietary or third-party system with GIS
- Integration with third party software: procurement of industry-standard software for interfacing with known third-party software such as SAP or IBM Cognos
- Integrate your systems with GIS using SQL Server Spatial Views (geometry features)
- Data element mapping: between the organization’s data models and GIS. Design of the GIS data base
- Data migration: migrate existing data to GIS and hence data coordination between systems
- Optimize and coordinate the system through system, databases, networks and infrastructure configuration
- Testing & Education
For any further information please contact us by phone or via the contact form.